Recently, a woman was devastated when she realized she mistakenly left her engagement ring in an airport lounge bathroom. She had removed the ring to apply hand lotion and then rushed to catch her flight. After boarding the plane, she realized her ring was missing and immediately contacted the airport’s lost and found department. She described the ring to them in detail and gave them her contact information.
Fortunately, a diligent airport staff member found the ring on the floor and took it to the lost and found department. The department was able to contact the woman based on the information she had provided and return her precious ring to her. The woman expressed her immense gratitude towards the airport staff member who found her ring and the lost and found department for their efficient and helpful response.
This story serves as a reminder to always be careful with valuable possessions while traveling. Below are a six tips to keep your jewelry safe while traveling.
6 Tips for Traveling with Expensive Jewelry:
- Wear your jewelry: When you’re traveling, the safest place for your valuable jewelry is on your body and don’t remove rings or bracelets when washing hands or applying lotion. Wear your jewelry while you travel, as opposed to packing it in a suitcase or other piece of luggage.
- Keep your jewelry in a safe place: When you’re not wearing it, keep it locked in a safe place. Many hotels have safes in the room you can use. Additionally, you could use a stash belt underneath your clothing or a travel jewelry case with a lock.
- Pack minimally: Only bring the jewelry you will wear on your trip. Don’t bring unnecessary items that will only increase the risk of losing something valuable.
- Don’t put your jewelry in checked luggage: Checked luggage is subject to rough handling and may be opened by TSA. Instead, keep your jewelry with you in your carry-on.
- Insure your jewelry: Consider insuring your valuable jewelry before you travel in case it is lost or stolen. Contact your insurance provider to see if your policy covers your jewelry while traveling, or add a travel insurance policy to your itinerary.
If you can, leave your valuables at home in a safe location.
Ensure that your valuables remain safe while traveling by following these tips.
Read more about the story here.
Travelers often rush to get to their destination and occasionally leave items behind in one of our limo vehicles. If you think you may have lost an item during your ride with us, call us, and we will return it to you. Please be specific when describing the lost item, including its size, color, brand, and any identifiable features. It helps us verify that the item belongs to you and ensure that it is returned to the right person. We will do everything possible to locate and return your lost item.
Please note that we are not responsible for lost or stolen items, and we cannot guarantee the return of every lost item. We strongly recommend that you double-check the vehicle before leaving and ensure that you have all your belongings with you. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Boston Chauffeur’s airport limousine service provides prompt and reliable transportation to and from Boston Logan International Airport, T.F. Green Airport in Providence, RI, Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, and other airports in New England as well as limo service in 550 cities worldwide.
We monitor your flight status to ensure that you are picked up on time, whether your flight arrives early or is delayed. Our limousines are equipped with amenities such as leather seating, complimentary bottled water, and mobile charging stations to provide you with a luxurious and comfortable ride.
We are committed to providing a professional and reliable limo service to all of our clients. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and make your transportation experience unforgettable. We look forward to providing you with an exceptional limousine service.
Sources: WCVB.com Boston and KTVC.com