BOSTON CHAUFFEUR POLICIES & SAFETY INFORMATION
Boston Chauffeur’s Billing Policies
Rides are billed to the customer’s credit card. Boston Chauffeur accepts the following: American Express, Discover Card, Mastercard, and Visa. Using a debit card to secure this reservation may result in an authorization hold on your bank funds in excess of the estimated service amount. Please contact Boston Chauffeur directly with questions concerning our debit card authorization practice.
- A 20% recommended tip is added to the base fare. If applicable, stop time, wait time, and any holiday surcharges may also be included.
- Any applicable additional charges (tolls, taxes, parking, fuel surcharge, etc.) will be itemized on your receipt. A $6.00 admin fee is added to each booking.
- All published rates are subject to change without notice.
- Rides that take place on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day will be subject to a holiday surcharge of 25% applied to the base fare, stop and wait time.
- Airport waiting time policy: Passengers arriving on domestic flights will have a thirty (30) minute grace period from the recorded airline arrival time; passengers arriving on international flights will have a forty-five (45) minute grace period. There is a $8.00 charge for every five (5) minutes of waiting time after the grace period elapses.
- Non-airport waiting time policy: After a five (5) minute grace period that does not start at an airport, there is an $8.00 charge for every five (5) minutes of waiting time after the grace period elapses.
- Train and bus schedules cannot be monitored; therefore, billing begins at the scheduled pick-up time.
- Passenger-requested stops en route will be charged a $25.00 stop fee and $8.00 per five (5) minute increments for any waiting time.
- Airport greeter service is available for baggage greets at Logan Airport for an additional $75.00 (add $25.00 between midnight and 5 a.m.).
- Onsite Group Coordinator: $75.00/HR (four-hour minimum).
- All FBO arrivals have a minimum of two (2) hours for sedans and three (3) hours for SUVs.
- All Fenway Park events have a minimum of two (2) hours for sedans and three (3) hours for SUVs.
- All Gillette Stadium events are billed on an hourly basis, with no point-to-point transfers.
- All Xfinity Center events are billed on an hourly basis, with no point-to-point transfers.
- Starting Memorial Day through Labor Day, all trips to vacation destinations will be billed hourly from Friday through Sunday due to heavier traffic patterns.
- For sedan and SUV service between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., please add an additional $40.00.
- For stretch limo/van and bus service between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., please add an additional $60.00.
- There will be a $20.00 charge for all international arrivals.
- A fuel charge applies to base fare on all services.
- Hourly rate begins when the car leaves the garage and ends upon its return to the garage.
- Fractions of an hour are rounded to next half-hour.
- Boston Chauffeur provides child seats. There will be a $25 charge for each infant or child safety seat. In accordance with state and federal laws, parents and guardians of children traveling in Boston Chauffeur vehicles are responsible for installing child safety seats.
- Boston Chauffeur arrives 30 minutes prior to all scheduled FBO pickups at no additional charge.
- All rides are billed in U.S. dollars.
- Boston Chauffeur shall not be liable for circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to, weather, road conditions, and breakdowns.
- Boston Chauffeur assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged baggage, personal belongings, or any items left in the vehicle.
- In the event Boston Chauffeur is unable to provide one of its employee drivers for your ride, Boston Chauffeur may contract with a qualified affiliated company to provide the service. In that event, a referral fee will be charged in lieu of a service charge. In such instances, Boston Chauffeur will strive to ensure that the driver receives appropriate compensation for providing the service.
- For any rides booked two (2) hours or less prior to pick up, a $25 ASAP fee will be applied.
- Boston Chauffeur vehicles are non-smoking. A $500 cleaning fee will apply to any party found smoking in the vehicle.
Cancellations & No Shows
The following cancellation terms represent standard policy at Boston Chauffeur and may be modified from time to time based on the market, desired reservation dates, and vehicle availability.
- All modifications that are mutually agreed upon in writing or communicated and confirmed at the time of reservation will supersede the following.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations will result in a full charge equal to the base fare price of the trip plus the 20% service fee.
- Cancellation of sedans within two (2) hours of a scheduled pickup in the Boston area and three (3) hours in other US Cities of scheduled pick-up will result in a full charge equal to the base fare price of the trip plus the 20% service fee.
- International sedan, SUV, or van reservations must be canceled 48 hours in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- Domestic van reservations must be canceled 48 hours in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- Mercedes S Class reservations must be canceled 24 hours in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- SUV reservations must be canceled 6 hours in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- Stretch Limousine reservations must be canceled 48 hours in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- All bus and specialty vehicle reservations must be canceled one week in advance or the full fare + 20% service charge will be billed.
- A no-show fee equal to the trip plus service fee plus applicable wait time will be charged when the passenger fails to show at the designated location.
If you cannot locate your driver call 1-978-921-4334 to avoid a no-show fee.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact Boston Chauffeur.
Safety Is Our First Priority
Boston Chauffeur adheres to national and safety practices designed to ensure that your driver has been rigorously vetted and trained and is equipped with better tools, intelligence, and behind-the-scenes support than any other driver on the road. Boston Chauffeur is a company you can trust.
1. Safe Chauffeurs
- Comprehensive background checks
- Random drug and alcohol screening
- Regular driver evaluation based on customer feedback
- Defensive driver training must be completed prior to entering Boston Chauffeur service and recertified annually
- Properly licensed and insured in compliance with all governing laws and requirements
2. Safe Support Personnel
- Boston Chauffeur maintains and enforces a drug-free workplace policy
- Comprehensive criminal background screening
- Training in data security and data privacy
3. Safe Vehicles
- Continual fleet replacement (three years for passenger vehicles, five years for specialty vehicles)
- Random vehicle inspections
- Vehicle maintenance and upkeep records audits
4. Safe Service Decisions
- Informed risk-management protocols
- Centralized management with local expertise
- Experienced leader in the chauffeured transportation industry
- Temporary cessation of service if conditions are deemed too dangerous
5. Safe Partners
- In-depth network partner vetting process
- Closely monitored extended evaluation period
- Vehicle and personnel audits
- Service level agreements
6. Comprehensive, Industry Leading Insurance Coverage
- Best-in-industry comprehensive insurance program applicable to all reservations booked through Boston Chauffeur
7. Demonstrated Excellence
- Boston Chauffeur has maintained a 99.6% safety rating and an on-time performance record
With our extensive network of global partners – all required to meet the exacting levels of service and professionalism that we demand of ourselves – Boston Chauffeur provides a seamless corporate travel experience in 550 cities and towns in more than 100 different countries.
Passenger Bill of Rights
Boston Chauffeur is committed to exceeding your expectations by following The Passenger Bill of Rights as established by Ride Responsibly™.
All passengers of a ground transportation vehicle, including but not limited to a sedan, SUV, van, mini-coach, or bus, are entitled to the following, and should have the right to ask the driver to provide:
- Proof of proper commercial-for-hire licensing and certifications as governed by local, state, and federal regulations
- A safe and courteous driver that obeys all traffic laws with proof of commercial vehicle insurance
- Assurance that the vehicle being driven has undergone regular inspections, is certified by safe and is certified safe and mechanically sound
- A full-better and trained driver that has undergone official criminal background checks and pre-hire drug testing
- Ready access to the transportation service provider, via email, telephone, or in-person, of the ground transportation service to voice any concerns or complaints that arise before, during, and after the ride
- A quoted fare for your trip and a final charge that matches that agreed-upon amount (except in cases of changes in trip itinerary or duration)
- Access to fully functioning seatbelts