The third episode of our hotel gym alternative series offers exercises can be done in the comfort and privacy of your room with just a chair and a bottle of water, or other weighted object. If you’d like a more strenuous routine, try the Traveling Athlete’s Workout, which requires some exercises that fitness enthusiasts love (or don’t love – like burpees). Another option is the Circuit Training Cardeo workout.
- The Shoulder Catch helps to strengthen and define arms and shoulders. You’ll need a full bottle of water for this exercise.
- Extend the arm with the bottle in-hand straight out in front of you.
- Tighten your core and upper body.
- Release the water bottle and quickly catch it.
- Raise your arm back up to complete one rep.
- Repeat for 12 reps on each arm.
- The Classic Bird Dog strengthens the core and glutes, this exercise and helps to improve your balance.
- Get on all fours and distribute your weight evenly.
- Contract your abs as you extend the right arm and left leg.
- The goal is to create length from fingers to toes straight our from your shoulder without arching your back. (Imagine there’s a glass of water on your back and you don’t want any to spill.)
- Stay steady as you bring the arm and leg in.
- Pause then repeat on the other side to complete one rep.
- Repeat for 12 reps on each side.
- The Knee Raise and Leg Lift works your glutes, hips, and hamstrings, as well as helps to improve your balance. You’ll need a chair for this exercise.
- Stand behind the chair with feet shoulder width apart.
- Place your hands on the back of the chair for balance.
- Lift your left knee toward your chest
- Then extend and gently lift your straightened leg behind – do not raise your leg higher than your buttocks.
- Do 10 reps on each leg and on the tenth rep pulse the leg behind you while lifted for 10 reps to work the glutes even more.
Leave the weights at home and use what you have on hand as well as your body weight. Don’t forget your drinking water.
*As with any workout, this disclaimer goes with every exercise routine: See your doctor before trying this workout if you have any injuries, illnesses or other conditions. Modify the exercises and weight as needed and depending on your fitness level and goals. Boston Chauffeur does not claim to be fitness experts nor do we claim specific results; we share this article purely for information purposes only.